Priscilla Lynne Young, M.A.
- Senior Lecturer
- Master in Communication Studies
- Fields:Intercultural Communication, Organizational Communication
- Office Phone Number:86-755-2603-3172
- Office Room:717
Communication, Intercultural Communication, Organizational Communication
Master of Arts, Communication Studies, University of Rhode Island USA, May 2011
Bachelor of Arts, English, Rhode Island College, USA May 1989
University of Rhode Island, Kingston, Rhode Island, USA, Department of Communication Studies (adjunct faculty)
Johnson and Wales University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA, Department of English (adjunct faculty)
- Business English Corporate Trainer, Hanbridge Mandarin, Shenzhen, China
- Founder, 4C Forum weekly English language discussion group and website (www.forum4c.com), Shenzhen, China
- Executive Director, Big Sisters of Rhode Island (now known as Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ocean State)
- Fund Development Officer, Annual Giving and Donor Communications, Lifespan Hospital System, Providence, Rhode Island
- Founder, The Organizer: Personal Organization and Time Management Consulting and Training, Providence, Rhode Island
- Assistant Press Secretary, Mayor’s Office, City of Providence, Rhode Island
- Public Relations Director, Children’s Museum of Rhode Island, Providence, Rhode Island (now known as the Providence Children’s Museum)
- Freelance news and feature writer for print and online publications
- Writer/editor/publications manager
- Radio news, talk-show host and creative advertising production
Young, P., & Chen, G.M. (2013). The impact of an individual’s spirituality on communication in the workplace. China Media Research (9)3.
Chen, G. M., & Young, P. (2012). Intercultural communication competence. In A. Goodboy & K. Shultz (Eds.), Introduction to communication: Translating scholarship into meaningful practice (pp. 175-188). Dubuque, IA: Kendall-Hunt.