David Ong, PhD
- Assistant Professor
- PhD, Economics, University of California at Davis
- Fields:Experimental Economics, Behavioral Game Theory, Industrial Organization
- Office Phone Number: +86-755-2603-2655
- Office Room: RM 708, PHBS Building
Experimental Economics, Behavioral Game Theory, Industrial Organization
Ph.D., Economics, University of California, Davis, June 2009.
M.A.(Terminal), Economics, New York University, New York, May 2001.
B.A., Great Books Program, St. John’s College, Annapolis, MD, May 1993.
2009-Present, Assistant Professor of Economics, Peking University HSBC Business School
“Heterogeneous Risk/Loss Aversion in Complete Information All-Pay Auctions” Forthcoming European Economic Review. Chen, Zhuoqiong, David Ong, and Ella Segev.
“Income attraction: An online dating field experiment” with Jue (Julie) Wang (U-Iowa), Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, March 2015, 111, 13-22.
“The Gender difference in the value of winning” with Zhuoqiong (Charlie) Chen (London School of Economics), Roman Sheremeta (Case Western), Economics Letters137(2015): 226–29.
“Education and income attraction: an online dating field experiment” Applied Economics, November 20, 2015, 1-15.
- Industrial Organization Approach to Finance, Peking University HSBC School of Business, Spring 2012
- Empirical Industrial Organization (of Experts), Peking University HSBC School of Business, Spring 2010-
- Experimental Economics, Peking University HSBC School of Business, Fall 09-
- Empirical Industrial Organization, UCD, Spring 09
- Principles of Microeconomics, University of the Pacific, Fall 08 - Spring 09.
- Game Theory, Economics Department, UCD, Summer 07.
- The Behavioral Economics of Marketing, UCD Extension, Summer 08.
- Ph.D. Microeconomics Sequence (Game Theory and IO), UCD, Spring 07.
- Game Theory, UCD, (Fall 06).
- Theory of Industrial Organization, UCD, Winter 07, Fall 07, Winter 08.
- Corporate Finance, UCD, Winter 06, Spring 08.
- Intermediate Microeconomics, UCD, Fall 05, Spring 06, Summer 06.