David Ong, PhD
- Assistant Professor
- PhD, Economics, University of California at Davis
- Fields:Experimental Economics, Behavioral Game Theory, Industrial Organization
- Office Phone Number: +86-755-2603-2655
- Office Room: RM 708, PHBS Building
- Email: email@example.com
Experimental Economics, Behavioral Game Theory, Industrial Organization
Ph.D., Economics, University of California, Davis, June 2009.
M.A.(Terminal), Economics, New York University, New York, May 2001.
B.A., Great Books Program, St. John’s College, Annapolis, MD, May 1993.
2009-Present, Assistant Professor of Economics, Peking University HSBC Business School
"Price Dispersions: Posted, Empirical, Field Experimental" with Zhong (Zachary) Zemin, Berkeley Haas School, Submitted.
"Tiger Women: An All-Pay Auction Experiment on Gender Signaling of Desire to Win" with Zhuoqiong (Charlie) Chen, London School of Economics, Submitted.
"Can there ever be too many flavors of Häagen-Dazs? Product stereotypes and choice overload behavior" with Grace Niu, Peking-U HSBC School, Submitted.
"Separating Gratitude from Guilt in the Laboratory" with Hannah Lin, University of Maryland, Submitted.
"Deserving Altruism: Type Preferences in the Laboratory" with Hannah Lin, University of Maryland, Submitted.
"Pro Bono Work and Trust in Expert Fields" (with Chun-Lei Yang) In preparation.
"Fishy Gifts: Bribing with Shame and Guilt" In revision.
"Shame on you! Shame on me? An Experiment on the Sorting Power of Vicarious Shame" In revision.
- Industrial Organization Approach to Finance, Peking University HSBC School of Business, Spring 2012
- Empirical Industrial Organization (of Experts), Peking University HSBC School of Business, Spring 2010-
- Experimental Economics, Peking University HSBC School of Business, Fall 09-
- Empirical Industrial Organization, UCD, Spring 09
- Principles of Microeconomics, University of the Pacific, Fall 08 - Spring 09.
- Game Theory, Economics Department, UCD, Summer 07.
- The Behavioral Economics of Marketing, UCD Extension, Summer 08.
- Ph.D. Microeconomics Sequence (Game Theory and IO), UCD, Spring 07.
- Game Theory, UCD, (Fall 06).
- Theory of Industrial Organization, UCD, Winter 07, Fall 07, Winter 08.
- Corporate Finance, UCD, Winter 06, Spring 08.
- Intermediate Microeconomics, UCD, Fall 05, Spring 06, Summer 06.